Friday, February 8, 2008

Steady Easy 3 Miles

I don't want to get in the habit of racing myself (or my previous times) every day so today I decided to take it a little easier. Instead of my usual game of increasing the treadmill speed every quarter or half-mile, my plan was to quickly get up to 8 MPH (7:30 pace) and stay there for most of the run.

Well Milica walked by right after I started. We chatted for a bit about our respective training and fitness. Kevin D and Rick both also said hi as they walked past. Anyhow I didn't get to 8 MPH as early as I intended, but I was still at that pace before I hit 1 mile.

Mile 1 - 8:25
Mile 2 - 7:31 (15:56 cumulative)
Mile 3 - 7:29 (23:25 cumulative)

I'm not sure why the last 2 miles weren't the same, as I didn't adjust the speed the whole time.

I checked my pulse when I finished (156) and again after walking another 0.1 mile (114) and this confirmed that my body felt that today's effort was much easier.

Weight is still holding at 193 lbs.

No comments: