Saturday, February 2, 2008

Starting

I've been lazy for most of 2 months. I've only run 8 times since the half-marathon in November. Three of those were the Tuesday night runs with my family, and four others were less than 3 miles.

However, I'm ready to get started again for 2008. I'm reading a book Running With The Buffaloes, a journal account of the 1998 Colorado University cross country team. Since I was a college cross country runner about 10 years prior to that, the book is both interesting and motivating to me.

I have decided I will run my first race, the St. Malachi 5-Miler, in mid March. I haven't finished setting my goals for 2008 yet but I may put a November marathon on the list.

Anyways, with all of that in mind, I got up today and ran 2 1/2 miles on the treadmill in the basement. I watched the first part of Hard To Kill, my favorite Steven Seagal movie.

I could have gone farther but I'm going to try to run almost every day, if not every day, so I took it a little easy on myself.

No comments: