Monday, March 31, 2008

152 Mile March

No I didn't march that far, I ran 152 miles in the month of March.

But I've definitely transitioned from using this blog as my daily running log, to using Running2Win.

I'll try to recap here a couple times / week:

Friday 3/28:
Considered not running today but ended up going out for a short run in the afternoon. Rachel (part way) and Brooke came along on their bikes. I ran 24:41 for 3 miles and then went back as Brooke had fallen behind a little at the end.

Weather was sunny but cold and windy.

Saturday 3/29:
I ran the same 10.5 route today that I ran last week with Randy. As usual, running alone added about a minute per mile to my pace.

Sunday 3/30:
I had to skip church today as I have a class on soccer coaching from 11-4. So I ran this morning, an easy 5-miler. Weather was chilly (still) and there was a strong wind out of the south.

I ran negative splits, 20:58 on the way out and 19:47 on the way back. That's pretty significant, because as soon as I turned around at 2.5 (on the out-and-back course), I was headed due south, into the wind, for the next 1.5 miles.

I ran as many miles this week as last week, and that was with 2 long runs last week.

Monday 3/31:
Easy run with Rick, had to stop a couple times for traffic as we ran around Progressive Field just prior to the Indians Opening Day game.

No comments: