Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wednesday Speedwork

I got a new laundry bag today!

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but one of the great things about our fitness center is that they do my laundry!

Once you go at least 9 times per month for 2 months, they give you a locker and a numbered mesh bag. After you are done working out, you put your dirty clothes in the mesh bag and toss it in the laundry bin. The next day when you show up, your clothes are washed and back in your locker. This is included in our membership fees of $6 per week!

Well today, for the 2nd time in about 2 weeks, I started getting dressed and realized I only had 1 sock. I went to the lost and found and, just like last time, there was my sock, clean and on the top of the pile. I checked my laundry bag and sure enough, it had a hole in it that was about big enough for a sock to fall through. So I exchanged my bag for a new bag.

But enough of that, today was speedwork day. We ran the same course as last week and there were 4 of us today: Matt, Curt, Kevin D, and myself. This time I was able to do the first 4. I took a break and then did 2 more. Curt had a slight injury so he only did 4 and Kevin D is still ramping up so he did 6 as planned. The last one was just Matt and I (his 7th, my 6th).

My splits for the 1/2 mile were: 2:47, 2:47, 2:56, 3:12, (skip), 3:10, (???). Thanks to Kevin D for wearing his watch and calling out my times. Kevin D went back after 6 so my final repeat was untimed.

Total distance for the day was 5.5 miles.

Weight = 185 lbs

No comments: