Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tuesday Circuits

Matt led a tough circuits class today, lots of cardio with push-ups added in, and then some challenging squats. Just when my legs started to hurt, he would call out "hold it" and then "lower." Also some calf-raises were part of today's program.

From where I left off last week, the next 2 stations were:

Lying Triceps Extension: Lying on your back, hold a weight straight above your head, then lower it towards the top of your head, then raise it again. I used a single 17.5 lb dumbell for this but probably could have used a little more weight.

Step Up (both feet) With Weights: Step up onto a step (like used in "step" classes), holding a weight in each hand. I used a pair of 20 lb dumbells. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but this is always an easy station for me.

Weight = 189 lbs

No comments: