Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday 5 Miles (Name That Course)

I've found that many runners like to name their favorite training courses. Growing up we had the "hill block" that I would run with my brother. It was actually 2 blocks but we always knew what we meant.

In college we had "Shaker Lakes", "Fairmount", "North Park", and "MLK." These were mainly street names but they also described the course.

The fitness center where I train now is no different. Today Peter, Milica, Vicki, and I ran the "Homeless Run." Legend has it that whenever some old-timers would run this way, they always met a few homeless people. Now I've only seen one in the year I've been running this way, but maybe I'm just not looking close enough.

Anyways it winds down through the flats, along the riverbank for a while, and back up "Commercial hill." Yeah, runners name their hills too!

It was a nice easy 5 miles and, as expected, my knee pain from the last few days is pretty much gone.

No comments: