Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wednesday Speedwork

There is a group from the fitness center that has been doing speedwork on Wednesdays for a while. Today I joined them for the first time. We did a 3/4 mile warm-up, followed by 1/2 mile repeats with 1/4 mile recovery jog, and then ended with a 1/2 mile cool-down.

Curt was out of town today, Rick is injured, and Kevin D had a meeting. So that left only Matt, Troy, and I. Troy wears a Garmin Forerunner 305 which uses GPS satellites track time, distance, and pace.

On the first repeat, I felt like we were going easy. I was out front but stayed with the group most of the way. On the 2nd repeat I went hard and was a little ways ahead. On the 3rd repeat my arms were feeling tired so I stayed with the group again.

Since this was my first week of speedwork I skipped the 4th repeat. On the 5th repeat I again was just a little out front. On the 6th repeat I was really feeling it and stopped about 2/3 of the way through. I walked for a while and then joined in again when Matt and Troy came around for the 7th and final repeat.

I didn't time my 1/2 miles but according to Troy they were in the 2:45 - 3:00 range.

In all I did 4 full repeats and 2 more half-repeats for a total of 2.5 miles of speed, 1.25 miles of recovery, .75 miles of warm-up and .5 miles of cool-down. Total mileage for the day is 5 miles.

Weight = 186 lbs

No comments: