Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Tuesday Night Running Club - 4.5 Miles

Tuesday night is my night to run with a few members of my family and friends. We have been doing this for several years. We meet about 8:15 at the bike path in Oberlin. This path used to be a train track so it is straight and flat, and fairly safe to run even in the dark.

Some of my family are dairy farmers so we can't start much earlier than 8:15, but we meet here every week for a 4 1/2 mile run. It's a central location, about half-way between where I live now and where I grew up on the family farm.

In the warm weather we get popcicles afterwards.

Last night there were 5 of us:
  • Ken, my brother-in-law, a long time high school cross country coach and one of the top 60+ runners in the area
  • Greg, my brother, who has run over 25 marathons
  • Randy, a friend from church, who ran his first marathon last year and is currently training for Boston
  • Keith, my nephew, a former All-Ohio miler and current track & cross country coach
There are usually at least 3 of us, and in the summer months in the past we have had as many as 13 runners in our gang. It's really a nice run with a great group of guys, and something we all look forward to.

No comments: