Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tuesday Circuits

I attended circuits class yesterday with Matt as the instructor. We had 18 participants, not counting Matt.

It was a tough class, I thought, we did alot of arms and shoulders in our group exercises. After one set I was lucky enough to return to the Dips station afterwards. Going back to a station that works the same muscles you just worked is always an extra challenge.

The next stations for me to describe as I continue around the room:
  • Step-Ups - repeated stepping up on to a bar, about 16-18 inches high, that runs around the side of the room. Most people always step up with the same foot first, but I always alternate. Also, I make sure to not hold on to the top bar while I'm stepping up.
  • Alternate Straight & Hammer Curls - I used 17.5 lb dumbells for this exercise. Hammer curls are similar to regular curls but the wrist is twisted so the weight is up and down (like you hold a hammer.
  • Alternate Jog In Place & Side-To-Side Hops - Another cardio station.

I happened to be lined up right next to Matt as we did our stations and suggested that he add a song by Quiet Riot to the next mix tape, to commemorate the untimely death of lead singer Kevin Dubrow. This led to a discussion on a possible mix tape of all dead artists. Blind Melon, Nirvana, Inxs, and Alice In Chains were some of the other artists mentioned.

Weight = 192 lbs

No comments: