Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Tuesday Circuits

I went to Circuits class today. Usually on Tuesdays, Matt is the instructor, but today it was Chris. We only had 9 students, all guys.

I will continue from last week to describe the stations.
  • Alternate Push-Ups / Mountain Climbers - I was able to do 2 sets of 10 of each exercise before we switched stations.
  • Side Bends - Hold a weight (I used a 25 lb dumbell) in one arm and bend your trunk to the side, lowering that arm, then raise it back up. After several repetitions, switch arms.
  • Alternate Squats / Reverse Lunges - We do this station with no weights. Do about 10 squates, then about 10 reverse lunges, then back to squats.
  • Bent Over Lateral Raises - This is very difficlut for me. Kneeling down with 1 knee on the floor, bend your chest towards your other knee. With a dumbell in each arm, do a lateral raise, lifting your arms up and away from your body. I feel like I'm a bird, raising my wings. I used 12 lb dumbells in each arm.

We had some minor excitement in the fitness center after class. Jose hurt his knee pretty bad playing basketball. Some guys got his stuff from the locker room and he was waiting in the lobby for a ride to the hospital.

Weight = 191 lbs.

No comments: