Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thursday Circuits

After a rest day on Wednesday, I went to circuits class today. Chris was the instructor and we had about 9 students. As I've done in the past, I'll describe some of the stations:
  • Crossover Crunches - crunches for your abs while twisting so that your right elbow goes towards your left knee, then alternating.
  • Biceps Curls - standard biceps curls with dumbells. I used 20 lb weights in each arm.
  • Bench Press - another pretty standard exercise. I used 30 lb dumbells on each side.
  • Alternate Leg Lifts & V-Sits - I think everybody knows what leg lifts are. V-Sits are when you bring both your shoulders and hips off the ground at the same time, pulling your body into a sitting-V shape.

Those were my first 4 stations today. I'll describe some more next week.

Jeff and Carlos were joking about being sore and weak due to getting their flu shots yesterday. At least I think they were joking.

My right hamstring is just a little tender. My right achilles is still hurting. I'll probably run just a couple times a week for the rest of the year.

No comments: