Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thursday Circuits

I went to Circuits today. Chris was the instructor and we had 11 students for a total of 12. The next workout station, going around the room, is described below:
  • Dips - with your arms on a bar about 18 inches off the ground, your back to the bar, and your legs extended out in front of you, dip your body down and then lift it back up (with your arms).
Unfortunately, due to where I started and where we finished class, I didn't get to do the next 2 stations after this, so the descriptions will just have to wait.

I can say that we did alot of legs today. There was a wall sit / lunges station, a squats / reverse lunges station, and a station for stepping up onto a box while holding weights. For our first group exercise, we did sprints. While 1 person sprinted, the other 11 of us ran in place with high knees. Then the 2nd group exercise was lunges, reverse lunges, & squats (with weights - I used 15 lb dumbells).

Then at the end of the class we did 10 push-ups, 10 squats, 9 push-ups, 9 squats, all the way down to 1.

My legs were a little sore before class, I can only imagine how they will feel tomorrow. I am planning on 3 more rest days (Friday - Saturday - Sunday) to help my achilles heal.

Weight = 193 lbs.

No comments: