Saturday, June 27, 2009

Spencer 5k

I ran a 5k race this morning. It was a low-key, small-town race, which was probably good for me. I ran 22:35, which is slower than 2 years ago when I was running, but faster than my usual "starting from scratch" time so I guess it's ok.

My first mile was 6:31 which was too fast, was hoping for close to 7. I was right behind a guy my age who I run with alot who I am capable of beating when I am in shape.

I slowed down at that point and kind of drifted in and out of focus for the rest of the race, hitting the 2-mile in 14:01 (7:30 split) and then a 8:34 split (1.1 miles) for the finish.

I got passed by 1 person in the 2nd mile and 3 in the last mile. I felt like I had more speed than endurance (not too surprising since I've really only had 3 runs in the past 2 years, and 1 of them was Friday morning.

My plan is to keep running 4.5 on Tuesday night and mix in the EIFB 22 minutes twice / week for the next 5 weeks, and see where that gets me. After I complete this round of P90X, I may focus on running in August & September.

My son Luke (12) ran 25:40 and finished 2nd for boys 11-14.

No comments: