Thursday, January 22, 2009

White 51, Black 38

Our team won tonight by a 51-38 score. We scored the first 11 points of the game and then kind of just held that lead throughout.

I came off the bench to give our other 2 big guys a breather. Right after I went in I got called for a foul. It certainly was a foul but I didn't touch the guy, it was one of my teammates. No big deal. Later in the first half I blocked a shot easily, the guy was totally out of control. I got an offensive rebound, got whacked in the nose (no call) but missed the putback.

In the 2nd half I got a steal and 2 more fouls. One of the fouls I was totally bowled over and my left forearm is still quite sore.

The scorers credited me with just the 1 rebound and 1 steal (no blocks) but of course that doesn't really matter, the point is I had fun and got some exercise.

I played about 8-9 minutes of each half. I got a little winded in the first half, probably just getting used to playing. I definitely need to improve my timing.

No comments: