Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hoodwinked and Bamboozled

I was a little late to run today and Rick was about to leave the fitness center when I arrived to change into my gear. I asked him which way he was going, and he said "Lakefront. You'll probably catch me."

So I changed quick and was on my way shortly. I kept a brisk pace. Every turn I looked up ahead but I never caught Rick or even saw him.

When I got back to the locker room, Rick was getting changed. "I saw you" he said.

"Where?" I asked.

"Well I was going to let you catch up so I ran out towards the pier. But when I turned around you were already going past. I would have yelled but I didn't think you'd hear."

So I was ahead of him the whole time. This of course, made me wonder how he got back first, so I asked him.

"I just came straight back 9th street."

It was kind of funny, me all the time thinking I needed to run hard to catch him, and him seeing me go past and then taking the short way back to the office.

Oh well.

No comments: